Dialogue Cafe Integrated Data and Monitoring
The aims of this Dialogue Café are to bring together the good and bad examples related to data acquisition & integration and monitoring of urban changes, as well as the knowledge gained and the lessons learned in that context from the previous three thematic Dialogue Cafes.
To point out the need of:
- Accurate, harmonized and geo-referenced data; clarified and regulated data access/transparency policy;
- Permanent objective monitoring of urban environment changes;
- Processing methods and products oriented, towards the users’ needs.
Permanent monitoring and separately conducted assessment of land cover and land use changes are of great importance for integrated urban management, for better understanding the urban changes and development processes as well as nature and anthropogenic risk foresight.
Sustainable urban management is strongly dependent on:
- the quality of used information (various data bases) and its integration,
- the capacity to get and process real-time information and
- the possibility to conduct permanent monitoring of urban changes, supported by different assessment innovation tools as simulation modeling.
Date: 18-19 September 2013
Place: Sofia, Bulgaria
Registration: The registration is closed.
Read more about the Dialouge Cafe here
The Dialouge Cafe is arrange by the URBAN-NEXUS project. Read more